Innovation of radial centrifugal pumps
|The name of the technology:||Innovation of radial centrifugal pumps|
|Challange:||Market demand from the particular segment which is looking for the increasing equipment performance and efficiency.|
• Innovative modifications increase the efficiency of radial centrifugal pumps by 4-6%. Advantages of the innovation are particularly evident in pumps used in reverse turbine mode, where the overall efficiency increases by up to 10% and performance by 30%. In the field of hydro-power, this solution offers an economically advantageous alternative to conventional water turbines.
• Optimized pump modifications are designed based on our existing research and hydraulic calculations. They are designed primarily to increase the efficiency of turbine pump operation. At the same time, they do not reduce efficiency in the pump mode.
• Innovations have been experimentally tested on single-stage centrifugal pumps.
• The increase in the power parameters of the innovated pump operated in the turbine mode is evident from Fig. 1. Influence of innovation on pump operation is evident from Fig. 2.
UNIQUE FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
• Increased efficiency and performance when using pumps in turbine operation - greater efficiency and yields when using hydropower.
• Pump operation is also positively influenced by innovative modifications.
• Applicable additionally to existing pumps.
• Pumps in reverse turbine operation can be applied especially in small water power plants.
• Innovated pumps can be applied in the transport of liquids: water supply - cleaning, treatment and distribution of drinking water, domestic waterworks; wastewater treatment, industry, energetics, chemical and petrochemical industry, mining and metallurgical applications, agriculture (irrigation).
• The innovation will help pump manufacturers to increase their market competitiveness and meet EED 2012/27 / EU.
|IP protection status:||CZ patent, CZ utility model, know-how|
Corresponds with TRL 7 and TRL 8
The transition from the prototype to the final and fully functional form. At this stage, the prototype is already fully tested, or the technology is certified and ready for mass deployment.
|Partnering strategy:||Collaboration licensing|
|Další informace:||We are looking for partners from the field of centrifugal pump production as well as from research, development and for draftsmen, who are interested in applying the knowledge gained during the pump innovation in accordance with the requirement to increase their efficiency.|
|Keywords:||efficiency innovation performance pumps turbines|
|Owner of a technology:||Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze|
|Institution:||Czech University of Life Sciences Prague|