SUPRESIL DUO – insecticidal and acaricidal bioagents additive to the substrate
|The name of the technology:||SUPRESIL DUO – insecticidal and acaricidal bioagents additive to the substrate|
|Challenge:||Currently used preparations leave residues in the environment and at the same time resistance grows in the target species of pests. Many chemical insecticides will be banned in the future due to stricter legislative conditions. Even large chemical companies are already including biopesticides in their portfolio.Special growing or suppressive substrates are difficult to store and transport so that their properties are preserved. Due to unsatisfactory conditions, it significantly loses its effectiveness. The logistics of bulk goods, such as the substrates, is relatively complicated and costly.|
The unique soil preparation provides a combination of the effect of two bioagents to protect against significant plant pests with minimal impact on the environment, and is therefore suitable for organic growing and bio-dynamic agriculture.
- Enriches the soil or growing medium with useful micro organisms and uses their synergistic effect.
- The complex way of acting on the pest prevents the development of resistance and does not leave residues.
- It allows to reduce the consumption of chemical pesticides and increase the quality of production with minimal impact on the environment.
- Highly concentrated preparation, where the substrate is only a carrier (several times smaller packaging).
- The soil improver is not subject to as strict legislative rules as biopesticides.
|Commercial opportunity:||There is no comparable product on the market that offers a combination of both agents. Soil preparation can be used especially in growing indoor and outdoor flowers and herbs grown in pots, boxes or flower beds, to protect greenhouse crops, especially vegetables and fruit and ornamental shrubs and trees and other crops. It is intended for application to the soil, for the enrichment of growing media and compost and for the pickling of seeds and seedlings. It can be used especially in small growers and in organic and bio-dynamic agriculture.|
|IP protection status:||
Corresponds with TRL 7 and TRL 8
The transition from the prototype to the final and fully functional form. At this stage, the prototype is already fully tested, or the technology is certified and ready for mass deployment.
|Partnering strategy:||investment licensing spin-off|
|Images:||No picture inserted|
|Categories:||Environment and Climate Agriculture|
|Owner of a technology:||Biologické centrum Akademie věd ČR, v. v. i.|